Memorandum of Understanding
The participant named on the registration ticket is an individual under the age of 18 (the “Child”). I am the parent or guardian for the Child on the registration ticket. I hereby as the parent or guardian consent to all five (5) sections below.
This consent covers:
- CONSENT FOR PARTICIPATION, PUBLICITY, AND DATA RELEASE
- ONLINE PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- PRIVACY STATEMENT
- CONSENT FOR DATA RELEASE
CONSENT FOR KIDS HACK THE CRISIS PARTICIPATION, PUBLICITY, AND DATA RELEASE — The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden program Kids Hack The Crisis, hereinafter called “The Activity“, is an online science-technology-engineering-art-math (STEAM) activities (“Online Activities”) for students that take place in an interactive digital environment, where educators conduct activities in real time.
During the Online Activities, your Child’s image and voice may be displayed on screen and be visible/audible to other participants in the Online Activities (including instructors and other enrolled children). However, the majority of the time the Child will work without being visible/audible on screen. The Child will be able to, at any time, turn voice or audio off.
We may ask your Child to display their work on a screen which will be reviewed individually by the instructor or shared with the class. The degree to which we do this depends on the subject matter of the class.
We may take screen photographs of Online Activities, including your Child’s image and work. The Swedish Institute will inform before a screen photograph is taken so that your Child may choose to participate or not. We may also share photos your Child shares of their work while participating in The Activity. These photographs may be shared with participating families during the design showcase at the conclusion of The Activity, in reports to sponsors and funders, or for documenting The Activity.
We may video record the Online Activities, including your Child’s image, voice, and work. The Swedish Institute will inform before starting a recording so that your Child may choose to participate or not. Video recordings will be used exclusively by The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden and will not be disseminated publicly.
In addition, The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden may reproduce your Child’s name, voice, likeness, and statements in publications designed for educational use, including web-based publications.
I am a parent/ guardian of said Child, and I have read and understood this agreement. I hereby grant to The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden permission to record, photograph, display, use, and reproduce my Child’s name, voice, likeness, and statements for the purposes described above.
I acknowledge that I will receive no money from The Swedish Institute nor from UNICEF Sweden for giving this permission.
By signing this form, I release The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden from any claim I or my Child might have against it because of the use of my Child’s name, voice, likeness, and statements.
ONLINE PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT
By agreeing to these Agreemnet, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
While The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden will facilitate hands-on activities, The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden will not assume care, custody, and control of your Child at any time. Parents are expected to maintain supervision of their Child(ren) at all times.
• The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden will do our outmost to make your Child feel secure. However, I understand that at no time is The Swedish Institute nor UNICEF Sweden responsible for my Child.
• I understand that The Swedish Institute nor UNCIEF Sweden is responsible for any cost incurred by me nor my Child’s participation in The Activity.
• I understand that at the discretion of The Activity’s program director and/or staff my Child may be dismissed from The Activity/program, for inappropriate behaviour, including wearing or having inappropriate messages or themes viewable on screen.
• I understand that neither I nor my Child may give out the hyperlink (link) and/or password to the online class nor invite unregistered persons to attend The Activity using my registration information.
• I understand that my Child will be immediately dismissed from The Activity if it is determined that the link and password to access The Activity has been distributed to others.
• I understand that neither I nor my Child may record the images or audio of other participants or their work.
• I understand that neither I nor my Child may use our site for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
• I understand that neither I nor my Child may, in the use of The Activity may violate any laws, including but not limited to copyright laws.
• I understand that neither I nor my Child may transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
• A breach or violation of any of above terms will result in an immediate termination of your Child’s participation in the Activity.
• I understand that it is my responsibility to evaluate the space my Child will use for The Activity and ensure it is free from hazards for my Child at all times.
• I understand that I am expected to be aware of my Child’s online and physical activities.
• I understand that in the event that The Activity’s staff witness my Child in need of medical attention and are unable to summon a parent/guardian verbally or by phone, emergency services will be summoned to the address listed for the (Primary) Parent Guardian #1.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement Waiver: In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in Kids Hack The Crisis, hereinafter called “The Activity”, I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives or assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue The Swedish Institute nor UNICEF Sweden, its owners, employees, and agents from liability from any and all claims including the negligence of The Swedish Institute or UNICEF Sweden, its owners, employees and agents, resulting in personal injury, accidents or illnesses
(including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation in The Activity.
I have read the above and I hereby assert that my or my Childs participation in The Activity is voluntary and on our own risk.
I also agree to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD The Swedish Institute and UNICEF Sweden HARMLESS from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought as a result of my involvement in The Activity and to reimburse them for any such expenses incurred.
I have read the above and I hereby assert that my or my Childs participation in The Activity is voluntary and on our own risk. I have read this waiver of liability and indemnity agreement and fully understand its terms., I acknowledge that I am signing the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend by my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
The Swedish Institute will during Kids Hack The Crisis (The Activity) offer Online Activities for the ages 10-18 in an interactive digital environment, where educators conduct activities in real time.
During the Online Activities, camp staff will pose questions for exploration and will provide instruction for the student to conduct an activity themselves. During the Online Activities, students will have the opportunity to give the facilitator immediate feedback, ask questions and, depending on the nature of The Activity, interact with other students in the class.
For your Child to participate in the Online Activities, we require your acknowledgement that you have read these terms and consent to them.
The Swedish Institute will use Zoom, a video conference platform, which has its own privacy policies. Parents/guardians consent to the Zoom’s privacy policies as part of the registration process.
For registration, we will collect name/alias, ages of the participants. Our registration system will also collect your email address and country located in. This information is stored and maintained in accordance with The Swedish Institute data privacy and security policies, including GDPR.
By agreeing to this document, I consent to all the terms listed above, including the referenced privacy policies and collection of my Child’s personal information. I consent to my Child’s participation in the Online Activities. I understand that I may withdraw my permission at any time by providing written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONSENT FOR UNICEF SWEDEN DATA RELEASE
Funds for this program have partly been provided by UNICEF Sweden. As part of this collaboration, funding requirements require evaluation and reporting of how funds are used to reach stated goals and metrics