Here are some inspirational resources, toolkit and open data sources to get you started on creating your solution for smarter Nordic cities. Use this information, in combination with the challenges and problem statements, to find your path towards a digital sustainable solution.
Take a good look at the resources down below to make sure you’re not reinventing the wheel but instead focusing on finding new or reusable solutions for smarter and more liveable Nordic cities.
Inspiration & articles
- Nordregio’s catalogue of 54 use-cases
- Evaluated by a jury consisting of government representatives from the Nordic countries. These cases are a part of the “Nordic Solutions to Global Challenges”, an initiative launched by the Nordic Prime Ministers.
- Shorter blog posts on smarter cities
- TEDx Talk with Elon Mask about smart cities
- Articles about smart cities in the Nordics
- Referens project from the architecture, urban planning and design point of view.
- Agenda 2030 – How can we save the planet by our future cities (read the target and indicators)
Episodes from Urbanistica on smart cities
- Why it is important to involve people in the digital platforms
- AI to plan the best areas
- I hate smart cities
The Nordic Smart City Hack toolkit include
- Free cloud products and services
- Credits for Azure and Google cloud platform
- Relevant tools for tech development, code, and design.
Please also share your own findings with the rest of the community in the #resources channel in our Slack community. Because we are stronger together!
According to the European Data Portal, open data is data that anyone can access, use and share. Governments, businesses and individuals can use open data to bring about social, economic and environmental benefits.
Following are some sources of open source data for this hackathon:
Worldwide open data sources
- Different data sources from UN och UNFCCC.
- Open data from all around the world (World bank) , sorted by country, subject and indicator
European open data sources
Main open data country specific data source
Other Swedish open data sources exampel